Last Updated on
Even though similar versions of this recipe already exist, we decided to share our version. This vegan and gluten-free recipe for chickpea coconut curry make a delicious and creamy dish. Prep time takes no more than 5 minutes, and cooking time takes about 20 minutes. This recipe is designed for two servings. We hope you like it.
- 1 (15oz) can organic chickpeas, drained
- 1 (13.5oz) can organic coconut milk, regular
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 tbsp. roasted bell peppers
- 1 tbsp. organic olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried cilantro
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- In a medium pot, add the coconut milk and the chickpeas. Cook over medium heat and stir until the coconut milk starts melting, about 1 minute.
- Add the garlic, bell peppers, olive oil, cilantro, parsley, curry powder, salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Stir, cover, and cook over medium heat for an additional 14 minutes.
- Add the baking soda. Stir, and cook over medium heat for an additional 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook for one additional minute, or serve.
- Serve on its own or over basmati rice.